Recently released Sheffield Wednesday under 18s midfielder Toby Kenyon has joined the ranks at Stocksbridge Park Steels.
Kenyon signed for the Steels this week and he is now another youngster on a conveyor belt that has already produced Harrison Biggins and Declan Eratt-Thompson during the Chris Hilton era.
“Toby was in that Sheffield Wednesday under 18s team that did the double last year,” Hilton told Non League Yorkshire.
“He had a few injuries which I think made him miss out on a pro contract.
“He’s got a great engine and he’s a great footballer and he fits into exactly how we play.
“He’s a young lad who is willing to learn so he ticks every box for us.”
Stocksbridge, whose FA Cup tie with Stalybridge Celtic is due to be televised on the BBC on Saturday, kick off the NPL Division One South East campaign on September 19th.
Doubts remain across Non League Football over the viability of a full campaign and Hilton agrees that it will a bumper ride.
“There will be problems and hopefully we’ll finish the season in some shape or form,” he said.
“You can’t put it either way. We’re going to have problems right way through the season as we get new guidance coming out by the Government, the FA.
“For instance we’re now going to have to temperature scan every player and record their temperature.
“The rules are changing constantly and we know it is the same for everybody.
“We just need to adapt and be flexible and stick to the rules as best as possible so we don’t have any lockdowns.”