NLY Community Sport delivers sports coaching sessions to people with disabilities and learning difficulties.
James Grayson and Connor Rollinson are the development officers for NLY Community Sport, a not-for-profit organisation. They are very passionate about providing sporting opportunities for adults and children who suffer from mental health issues or have complex disabilities.
NLY Community Sport currently works in partnership with Pontefract Pirates DFC and Nostell Miners Welfare. James and Connor have also coached players who have gone onto be picked for Mencap GB, including Callum Deary who until September 2017 was not actively playing football.
NLY Community Sport has its own Facebook page which you can visit HERE. We are also on Twitter – @NLYCommSport.
We currently run the following sessions each week:
- Monday (5pm until 6pm) – South Yorkshire Superheroes Football Training for Juniors (aged six to 16) with disabilities and learning difficulties in Barnsley at Springwell Learning Community – £4
- Wednesday (6pm until 7pm) – Disability Football Training for Adults in Selby at Selby Leisure Centre – £3
- Friday (5pm until 6pm) – Adapted Boccia Club for people of any age with disabilities and learning difficulties at Crofton Community Centre – £4.
- Friday (6pm until 7pm) – Nostell Miners Welfare Disability Football Training for Adults at Crofton Community Centre – £4
- Sunday (10am until 11.15) – Pontefract Pirates Disability Football Training for Juniors at Pontefract Collieries – £4
- Sunday (11.30am until 12.30am) – Pontefract Pirates Disability Football Training for Adults at Pontefract Collieries – £3 (some weeks this session will take place on a Saturday).