Dacre double helps Goole storm through in the FA Vase

FA Vase Round-Up 

Josh Dacre is one of Goole AFC’s longest serving players

In-form Goole AFC’s 4-0 beating of Maine Road was one of the standout results for the Yorkshire clubs in the second qualifying round ties.

Captain Josh Dacre hit the net twice in the second half as Goole comfortably put their visitors to the sword.

Chris Simpkins and Joel Spence laid the platform with their first half contributions.

Haydn Ward’s fourth minute goal was the difference as Parkgate notably won 1-0 at fancied West Didsbury & Chorlton.

Emley needed a penalty shootout to see off ten man Chadderton after a 1-1 draw.

Despite having their goalkeeper sent off earlier on, Chadderton managed to take the game all the way.

George Doyle’s goal four minutes from time had appeared to have won it for Emley who were then denied a normal time victory as Chadderton converted a last gasp spot kick.

Garforth Town steam-rolled Garstang with a 4-0 victory at home.

Alex Burton, Kevin Terhaerdt, Jed Zanos and James Burgess hit the goals.

Ben Burnett’s double was the centre-piece of Golcar United’s 4-0 dispatching of Wythenshawe Amateurs.

Nick Crane and Ash Flynn were also on target.

Talent Ndlovu and Luke Aldrich netted as Eccleshill United defeated Bishop Auckland 2-0.

Maltby’s Jed McGowan

Louis Axcell’s ten man Maltby Main pushed giants Bury AFC to the limit but unfortunately lost 4-3 on penalises.

Jed McGowan put Maltby ahead in the first half.

Bury responded with two goals but Jamie Austin forced a shootout for Maltby who had Connor Cutts sent off late-on.

Thackley player/manager Paddy McGuire

Player/manager Paddy McGuire sparked a comeback from Thackley in the 3-2 defeat to Holker Old Boys.

His goal brought Thackley back into it at 2-1 and Ben Grech-Brooksbank would go on and equalise.

However, Holker scored a late winner to knock them out.

Harrogate Railway lost 3-2 at Cleator Moor Celtic.

Adam Shaw and Elliot Holmes were on the score-sheet for Railway.

Hall Road Rangers raced into a 2-0 lead at Abbey Hey through Conner Harman and Chris Spinks.

However, Leon Sewell’s men were beaten 5-2 in the end.

Mark Simpson’s strike was a mere consolation for injury-hit Knaresborough Town in the 4-1 defeat at Birtley Town.

Swallownest lost 5-0 in their difficult tie at Lower Breck.

Rossington Main were beaten 3-0 at home to Skelmersdale United.

Selby Town are out after losing 2-0 at Winterton Rangers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *