Resurgent Brid held to draw at Lincoln

Northern Premier League Round-Up

Division One East 

Bridlington Town goal-scorer Flynn McNaughton

Brett Agnew’s Bridlington Town were held to a 2-2 draw in the six-pointer at Lincoln United.

Twice Bridlington held the lead but both times Lincoln hit back.

On loan striker Luis Aldlard placed Bridlington into an early lead.

A Matthew Cotton penalty brought the scores level but Flynn McNaughton restored their lead with a finish into the bottom corner.

The points were shared due to Jack Wightwick’s goal close to the hour mark.

Ossett United’s Aaron Haswell

Aaron Haswell secured a point for Ossett United as he hit the second half equaliser in the 1-1 draw with Dunston at Ingfield.

Stocksbridge Park Steels hero Lee Cooksey

Experienced defender Lee Cooksey scored the late equaliser for Stocksbridge Park Steels in the 2-2 draw at Shildon.

Ross Goodwin put the Steels on the half-hour mark but goals from Billy Greulich-Smith and former Garforth Town debutant Sam Barker gave Shildon a half-time lead.

Omar Sanyang was Pickering Town’s second goal-scorer. Picture: Matthew Appleby

Pickering Town led twice but were squeezed out in a 3-2 defeat at play-offs chasing Worksop Town.

Brandon Holdsworth and Omar Sanyang were the Pickering goal-scorers.

Sheffield FC lost to an early goal in the 1-0 defeat at Hebburn Town.

Tadcaster Albion were well beaten by Cleethorpes Town in a 4-1 home defeat.

Kesi Omolokun actually gave John Deacey’s men the lead in the 29th minute but it went from bad to worse from there.

Frickley Athletic’s bad run and goal drought continued as Dave Frecklington’s side were beaten 3-0 by high-flying Stockton Town at Westfield Lane.

Premier Division 

Scarborough Athletic striker Jake Day. Picture: Matthew Appleby

Scarborough Athletic edged closer to the play-offs zone after the 3-0 beating of ambitious Basford United whose new management team suffered a bad start.

Jonathan Greening’s Scarborough came to life in the second half and Brad Plant, Jake Day and Bailey Gooda scored.

Whitby Town suffered a 3-0 home defeat to Lancaster City.

Whitby conceded once in the first half and then two in the second.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.